Bursaries provided by the company are for student plumbers who would benefit from financial assistance as a direct result of progressing from NVQ Level 2 MES (Plumbing) to undertake NVQ Level 3 MES (Plumbing).
Students are encouraged to apply direct but must have a reference from their lecturer or employer. Professional bodies, training providers or employers are encouraged to support students who, in their opinion, meet the criteria and would therefore merit consideration as possible recipients of a Bursary.
The Company annually considers Bursaries of up to £1000 for students of plumbing and is awarded in vouchers for tools and equipment. A Bursary shall not be used to offset any course fees provided by an employer.
The application process
Candidates must provide:
- Proof of registration including the enrolment number with the awarding body for NVQ Level 3 MES (Plumbing) or equivalent.
- Proof of completion of NVQ Level 2 MES (Plumbing). If you possess a different qualification that you wish to be considered, please send further details to the Clerk.
- All applications will be considered by the Company’s Education Committee, who may seek additional information.
- Not all candidates will be successful and the decision of the Education Committee is final.
- No correspondence will be entered into in respect of decisions made and any such Bursaries given.
- Successful applicants may be invited to attend a function, such as a luncheon, of the Livery Company in London for which travel expenses will be reimbursed.
- A Bursary, once granted, will not be paid until proof of registration with the Awarding Organisation i.e City & Guilds, BPEC, EAL has been provided
If you are looking for assistance for your training as a plumber please apply by downloading our application form, or contact our Clerk.